Once you have found the Medicare Advantage plan that’s right for you, take the next step and enroll. Choose from one of the following options and get started!
You can enroll or change your plan quickly by using Independent Health’s Enrollment Tool, or you may also enroll in an Independent Health Medicare Advantage plan through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Online Enrollment Center located at www.medicare.gov.
Click to find information about our 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans.
Over the Phone*:
Call us at (716) 635-4900 or 1-800-958-4405 (TTY users call
- October 1 – February 14: Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- February 15 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. –
At a Medicare Information Center**:
You can visit a Medicare Information Center or visit us at a location near you. Find information about the location nearest you.
Please note that you can only enroll in a plan during specific times of the year or under special circumstances. To find out if you are eligible to enroll, please contact Independent Health at
(716) 635-4900 or 1-800-958-4405 (TTY users call 1-888-357-9167).
- Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 – December 7)
Most members join a Medicare Advantage Plan for the upcoming year beginning on January 1st. During this time, you can review your health coverage and your prescription drug coverage. You can choose to keep your current coverage or make changes to your coverage for the upcoming year. If you decide to change to a new plan, you can choose any of the following types of plans:
- Another Medicare Advantage health plan. (You can choose a plan that covers prescription drugs or one that does not cover prescription drugs.)
- Original Medicare with a separate Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Original Medicare without a separate Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Annual Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (January 1 – February 14)
During this time, you can cancel your Medicare Advantage Plan enrollment and switch to Original Medicare. If you choose to switch to Original Medicare during this period, you have until February 14 to join a separate Medicare prescription drug plan (PDP) to add drug coverage.
- Special Enrollment Period
In certain situations, you may be eligible to enroll or disenroll at other times of the year. Some examples of these limited circumstances include:
- If you are turning 65 or are new to Medicare
- If you have lost your employer group coverage
- If you have moved
- If you have Medicaid
- If you are eligible for Extra Help in paying for your Medicare prescriptions
- If you are getting care in an institution, such as a nursing home or long-term care facility
This is not a full list of the possible circumstances that would qualify you for a special enrollment period. Please contact Independent Health to determine if you meet a qualifying exception.