With your consent, Independent Health Association, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective agents (collectively, “Independent Health”) will provide you with electronic explanations of benefits (“EOBs”) in lieu of paper EOBs. By opting in to paperless EOBs, you agree to receive all EOBs electronically from Independent Health (the “Electronic Delivery Service”). This consent shall remain in effect until changed as described in Sections 2 or 3 below.
- Description of Electronic Delivery Service. Each time a new EOB is delivered electronically to your personal account, you'll be notified through your email that you have a secure message in your account letting you know an electronic EOB is ready for your review. You may view your EOB by logging into your secure member account and navigating to your documents.
- Change in Preference/Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to electronic delivery of EOBs and receive paper delivery of EOBs at any time and without charge through your account or by contacting member services at (716) 631-8701 or 1-800-501-3439, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. If you change your preference, paper delivery will resume within a reasonable time (not to exceed 30 days) after you request it.
- Undeliverable Emails. If we attempt to deliver information to an email address you provide, and the message is returned as undeliverable after several attempts, we will assume that you have withdrawn consent for electronic delivery and will begin sending the information to you in paper format. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, add the email “from” address to your email address book or safe list. To update your email address, log in to your Independent Health member portal, navigate to your profile and click on the contact information section. You must maintain a verified email status in order to remain enrolled in paperless EOBs.
- System Requirements. In order to access, view, print and retain electronic EOBs delivered via the Electronic Delivery Service, you must you must first enroll in Independent Health’s Digital Services by creating an account from either the MyIH application or on our website. In addition to maintaining your Digital Services account, you must have, at your own expense, the following:
- Access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing the Internet. Your access to this page verifies that your system/device meets this requirement;
- An Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit encryption communications or higher;
- An email account, an Internet service provider, and email software;
- Software which permits you to access, view and retain Portable Document Format or “PDF” files, such as a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader®; and
- To print electronic EOBs, you must have a printer connected to your device.
- Incorporation of Digital Services Terms and Conditions. This Electronic Document Disclosure is incorporated into and supplemented by the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Independent Health Digital Services.