WNY's Only Health Plan to Achieve 5-Stars on All Medicare Advantage Plans
What Our Star Ratings Mean to You
Star ratings are compiled annually by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The ratings are helpful for consumers and members to compare Medicare Advantage plans based on overall quality, value and performance. Each rating is based on a five-star scale — with one star meaning “poor” quality, ranging up to five stars for “excellent” quality.
Also, as a 5 star Medicare Advantage plan, you can switch to us at any time during the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health and pharmacy services are rated.
Information is gathered from clinicians, member surveys and other trusted sources.
Ratings for health services are based on the following measures:
- Staying healthy: How often members got various screenings, vaccines and checkups.
- Managing chronic conditions: How often members got certain tests and treatments for long-term conditions.
- Health plan responsiveness: Member satisfaction with the plan.
- Complaints and appeals: How often members filed complaints about the health plan.
- Telephone customer service: How well the plan handles member calls.
Ratings for pharmacy or drug plan services are based on the following measures:
- Customer service: How well the drug plan handles member calls and appeals.
- Complaints and Medicare audits: How often members filed complaints about the drug plan.
- Member experience: Member satisfaction with the drug plan.
- Drug pricing: How well the plan prices prescriptions.
- Patient safety: How often members get prescriptions considered safer and clinically recommended for their condition(s).
Still have questions?
To learn more about Independent Health’s 5 star rated Medicare Advantage plans, contact a RedShirt® today!
October 1 – March 31: Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
April 1 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Or email us.
It’s all part of the RedShirt® Treatment
and it’s one of the many reasons why more people choose us than any other Medicare Advantage plan in Western New York.*
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans.
Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal. Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
*Per CMS data 10/19.
Last Updated 1/3/2023