The Care For You program was created to assist members who have chronic health conditions get both the medical care and assistance they need without the frustration of navigating the healthcare system alone.
In partnership with Western New York Coordinated Medical Care PC, a personal care team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and other providers all work together with your doctors.
The Care For You Program: Focusing on You.
Getting the care you need, made easy. It’s at the heart of this program, our care team and everything we do. It’s the simplicity of one phone number.
And it’s one more way Independent Health is dedicated to providing you with the RedShirt Treatment you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Independent Health, we believe in doing what is right and taking the necessary steps to let our members know they are safe, secure and valued.
We are committed to helping our members get and stay healthy. That’s why we developed the Care For You program, which is all about making health care easier.
As part of the Care For You program, an experienced nurse visits with you at your home to create an individualized care plan that suits your needs and personal goals. This allows members with chronic health conditions to receive the medical care, assistance and emotional support they need without the frustration of navigating the health care system alone.
Our nurses work closely with your primary care doctor and specialists to help you stay healthy at home, improve care transitions and prevent hospitalizations. In partnership with WNY Coordinated Medical Care PC, all the care you need is organized through one central contact with a goal of providing you with the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
Additionally, our members have access to a team of health care professionals who can assist with urgent sick visits and emergency medical situations 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends. Our team is here for you, and if necessary, members will continue to access care at a hospital to obtain the necessary treatment.
By knowing who to call and what to ask for, we’re able to get the answers you need quickly and with less hassle — so you can spend more time focusing on your health.
Qualifications for Care For You include:
- Must be an Erie or Niagara County resident
- Must have 6 or more qualified chronic conditions and/or frequent Emergency Room visits as well as hospitalizations
- Must have approval from your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
There is no cost to participate in the services included in this program — that means no copays, deductibles, or out-of-pocket costs.
- Personalized Care Plan — You’re unique. An experienced nurse will visit with you at your home to learn about your health and develop a personalized care plan that can be shared with everyone involved in your care, including your doctors.
- 24/7 Access to Care — When you need care, you can call us anytime. We’ll help you make the right choices when it comes to getting care that is specific to your personal health needs.
- In-Home Care Team — Our in-home care team is here to support you in all matters related to your health, not just when a need for care arises. Team members include:
- Nurse Care Manager
- Registered Dietitian
- Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Worker
- Mental Health Support Specialist
- Physical Therapist
- Licensed Social Worker
- Wound Care Nurse
- In-Home Urgent Care Visits — When you don’t feel well, our team can provide in-home urgent care visits 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends — to help avoid urgent care or emergency room visits and help you stay healthy at home as long as possible.
- Aligned Support — The Care For You team will communicate with you, your doctors and caregivers to ensure that the needs of your personalized care plan are met. We help you schedule appointments, coordinate transportation and more, to assure you receive the care you need, when and where you need it.
Call us to see if you qualify!
(716) 635-7800 (TTY: 711)
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Last Updated 1/3/2023