What is an HSA?
An HSA is a Health Savings Account offering tax advantages that can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses. Funds can be deducted from each paycheck and deposited for future use — today, tomorrow, and even in retirement.
To set up an HSA, you must be enrolled in an Independent Health qualified high-deductible health plan and meet other IRS (Internal Revenue Service) eligibility requirements.
An HSA puts you in control
- Yours even if you change jobs, health plans or retire
- Your HSA balance rolls over every year. Not a use it or lose it situation
- A long-term investment that continues to grow — even through retirement
Tax Saving Benefits of an HSA
Tax-free HSA contributions
Tax-free investment gains/interest while in your HSA
Tax-free withdraws to pay for qualified medical expenses
makes managing your HSA easy.
Independent Health is proud to partner with the nation’s leading HSA administrator, HealthEquity.®
Access your Health Equity account online through your Independent Health account – no separate login required - and start making the most of your HSA today:
- 24/7 HSA Account Mentor who can answer your questions
- Pay for medical services with your HealthEquity debit card, or pay claims directly through your online HSA account
- View account balances and claims data by payment status, date, provider, and more
- Take a picture of your receipts and store them securely in one place – instead of a shoebox
- Visit Health Equity’s HSA learning center to review investment options, access a video library with guides, tutorials and webinars, find important documents and forms – you can even try decision-making tools like a future balance calculator, a contribution calculator and more!
View Your Account
If your plan includes an HSA option, you can access Health Equity through your Independent Health account. Don't have an online account? Easily, register now with your member ID!