How it Works
- New for 2017, the Well-Being Assessment is no longer a requirement, making enrollment even easier with one less step. On or after your plan effective date, you (or the plan subscriber) will need to do the following:
- If you are a member of a large group plan (Employer has > 100 employees), please use the Health Extras Card Request Form to request your card.
- If you are a member of a small group plan (Employer has < 100 employees), or you are a member of an Individual plan offered through the New York State of Health Marketplace, log in or register to create an online member account.
Once logged in, simply follow the registration process when prompted. It’s that easy.
Note: Members are still encouraged to complete the Well-Being Assessment, which is available through FitWorks®. This valuable tool can help you gauge your overall health while helping you to identify your strengths and any opportunities for improvement.
- You can expect to receive your $250 Health Extras prepaid MasterCard® in the mail in approximately three weeks.
- Begin using your card immediately at our participating vendors.
- Be sure to use your $250 by the end of your plan year, as unused funds will NOT roll over.
*Available on select Independent Health plans. Excludes Medicare Advantage plans.
Benefits vary by plan.