Our Health Extras benefit provides you with the freedom and choices you want to achieve a healthier lifestyle. Whether you are in a single plan, or you have a spouse or dependents enrolled under your plan, you'll receive a $250 prepaid MasterCard® to use toward a variety of health and wellness services including fitness club memberships, afterschool activity programs, nutritional counseling, acupuncture, massage therapy, vitamins/supplements and more.*
How it Works
- Depending on the type of plan you have, you and your covered spouse may have to complete a FitWorks® Well-Being Assessment before your Health Extras card can be issued. The FitWorks tool can be found by logging in to your online member account and selecting the "Tools" tab at top.
- If you are a member of a large group plan (Employer has > 100 employees), you are not required to take a FitWorks Well Being Assessment. Please use the Health Extras Card Request Form to request your card.
If you are a member of a small group plan (Employer has < 100 employees), or you are a member of an Individual plan offered through the New York State of Health Marketplace, you are required to take a FitWorks® Well-Being Assessment. You will need to log in or register to create an online member account.
Once registered, simply follow the online Health Extras registration process that automatically appears on-screen, guiding you through the Health Extras enrollment process and FitWorks® Well-Being Assessment.
- A $250 prepaid MasterCard® will be issued to you by mail.
- Be sure to use your $250 by the end of your plan year, as unused funds will NOT roll over.
- See where you can use your Health Extras card here!
*Available on select Independent Health plans. Excludes Medicare Advantage plans. Benefits vary by plan.