With our Health Extras benefit, you’ll receive a prepaid debit card to use toward a variety of health and wellness goods and services that you, your spouse, and any dependents enrolled in your plan can use to get and stay healthy, no matter what your goals are.
How it Works
- Log in to your secure member account to check if your plan includes the Health Extras benefit.
- If your plan includes Health Extras, an online registration screen will automatically guide you through the registration process.
- If the online registration process doesn’t automatically begin, you may be required to complete a Health Extras Card Request Form. Check with your employer for plan requirements and details associated with accessing your Health Extras card.
- Begin using your card immediately at our participating vendors.
- Log in to your member account to track your balance, view transactions, see how many days are left to spend remaining dollars, and more!
- Be sure to use your debit card by the end of your plan year, as unused funds will NOT roll over.
Buffalo City School District (BCSD) Retirees who live outside of WNY
Enjoy the ability to join any gym you choose with the Independent Health $250 Health ExtrasSM Prepaid Visa® Card. Simply call to request your $250 card, and use it to pay for a gym membership at the location of your choice (there is no network of vendors associated with this benefit). It’s that simple.
To request your card after January 1, call an Independent Health RedShirt® at (716) 504-3239 or toll-free at 1-877-893-6387 (TTY: 711), October 1 – December 7: Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; December 8 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.