Orchard Park, NY (April 22, 2019) – Grab your sneakers, a piece of fruit and a bottle of water. The Independent Health and Buffalo Bills Health & Wellness Challenge is set to kick off for the 10th time!
The entire community is encouraged to celebrate the milestone by participating in this fun and engaging program, which will take place from April 29 through June 9. Participants will be eligible to win a variety of prizes by moving more, eating better and drinking water. They will also be able to attend Monday Night Fitness, a free fitness class at the ADPRO Sports Training Center every Monday evening during the Challenge (except on Memorial Day).
Those interested in joining the Health & Wellness Challenge for the first time can sign up now at buffalobills.com/thechallenge. Past participants need only to log in to take part again.
Get healthy and be eligible to win prizes
Participants in the 10th Health & Wellness Challenge who complete health and wellness-based activities and meet daily goals will be eligible to win a $5,000 cash grand prize, as well as 40 daily and weekly prizes, including:
- $500 cash
- VIP passes for two to a Bills Training Camp practice
- Tours of New Era Field for six people
- $100 gift cards to The Bills Store
- Fitness trackers
- Healthy WNY Prize Packs (including vouchers for healthy activities from Buffalo RiverWorks,
Plus, in celebration of the 10th Challenge, 20 bonus prizes will be randomly awarded to participants, including Bills autographed memorabilia and $100 Visa® gift cards.
Past participants provide positive feedback
The first Health & Wellness Challenge was launched in October 2014 and drew 2,300 participants. Since then, eight more rounds of the Challenge have been held, with participation steadily increasing each round, bringing the total number of registrants to more than 27,000.
Engagement and feedback from participants of the Health & Wellness Challenge has been extremely positive. According to a survey of participants after the Fall 2018 Challenge:
- 100% of respondents said the daily goals/challenges were a good reminder to eat healthy, drink more water and exercise
- 98% of respondents would participate again in future Challenges
- 97% of respondents said the Challenge had a positive influence on their health
- 96% of respondents would recommend the Challenge to a friend/family member
How the Health & Wellness Challenge works
As part of the Health & Wellness Challenge, participants earn points by achieving three main daily goals:
1) 20 minutes of physical activity
2) Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables
3) Drink eight glasses of water
They can also complete one “extra points” challenge each day. As an added bonus, participants who refer their friends, family and co-workers can earn 10 extra points for each person who registers.
Participants can keep track of their progress and learn about that day’s “extra points” challenge by logging-in at buffalobills.com/thechallenge. The number of points earned throughout the Health & Wellness Challenge will determine the number of chances participants have in the prize drawings. To be eligible to win a prize, participants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of New York State at the time of entry.