Thank you for using Independent Health's mobile application. To view your personal member information using our mobile application, you must first register on our website. Through the registration process, you will create a Username and Password to be used to access Independent Health's secure features of our mobile application. When you register, your information is stored in a secure environment and is protected behind a firewall. The information that is transmitted back and forth is scrambled with the aid of encryption technology.
Information we collect
While using our mobile application, we may collect the following information:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, and mobile network information.
- Log information
When you use our mobile application, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our system. This may include:
- Your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is the number that is automatically assigned to your device whenever you connect to the internet.
- The network provider which you access the Internet. For example: Verizon or Sprint.
- The date and time you used our mobile application or accessed the mobile applications services and how long you spent using the mobile application.
- The pages you looked at or services you accessed.
- The name and version of your device’s operating system and, if applicable, web browser.
- When using our fax ID card feature, the fax number you sent your Independent Health identification card to.
- Location information
Independent Health’s mobile application uses your mobile device’s location for the “Find a Doctor or Facility” feature. This location information is used only in this feature and is not stored or recorded by Independent Health.
- Local storage
While using our mobile application, you may ask us to “remember you” during the login process. By selecting this feature, the mobile application will store your username on your mobile device in an encrypted file.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our mobile application to provide, maintain, protect and improve the application, to develop new ones, and to protect our members and our users. We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Independent Health.
If you have any questions about this notice or the data we collect, please contact Independent Health’s Information Risk Officer at (716) 631-3001 or 1-800-247-1466. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also send us questions by e-mail at email@example.com.