Brook Personal Health Companion
Get Personalized Health Support with Brook
Independent Health has partnered with Brook to offer personalized health and wellness support right from your smartphone, anytime you need it. With Brook+ and the Brook Health Companion app, keeping track of your health is now easier than ever.
Set wellness goals, receive nutrition advice and feel your best by taking the 1-minute health quiz to be matched with the Brook program that’s right for you.
Your Brook Health Companion App Includes:
- Simple tracking of food, activity, sleep, medication and more.
- Support for general wellness and health conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Meal planning and nutrition advice from registered dietitians.
- Motivation and accountability from a team of highly trained health experts.
- Assistance setting and reaching goals.
The Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program
Introducing a new, proven way to help you lose weight, boost your energy and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Here’s what you’ll experience in the Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program:
- Participate in the fully digital program on your own time, with a personal Health Coach who is there to support you every step of the way.
- Watch weekly videos, set goals with your Health Coach and track your progress.
- Receive a fitness tracker* after 4 weeks of active participation.
- Structured, CDC-recognized curriculum to maintain progress and build lasting habits.
*Brook+ is available to eligible Independent Health members based on an eligibility survey. One fitness tracker voucher will be provided per eligible member after 4 weeks of program participation.
In addition to the Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program offered by Independent Health, all eligible Medicare Advantage members also still qualify to participate in the Medicare Part B Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program. This is a traditional in-person, class-based program certified by the CDC. For more information regarding options for participation and what plan might be right for you, please contact an Independent Health RedShirt® by calling (716) 250-4401 or 1-800-665-1502 (TTY: 711); October 1 – March 31: Monday–Sunday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., April 1 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal.
Last Updated 10/1/2023