Get Personalized Health Support with Brook
Independent Health has partnered with Brook to offer personalized health and wellness support right from your smartphone, anytime you need it. With Brook+ and the Brook Health Companion app, keeping track of your health is now easier than ever.
Set wellness goals, receive nutrition advice and feel your best by taking the 1-minute health quiz to be matched with the Brook program that’s right for you.
Your Brook Health Companion App Includes:
- Simple tracking of food, activity, sleep, medication and more.
- Support for general wellness and health conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Meal planning and nutrition advice from registered dietitians.
- Motivation and accountability from a team of highly trained health experts.
- Assistance setting and reaching goals.
The Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program
Introducing a new, proven way to help you lose weight, boost your energy and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Here’s what you’ll experience in the Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program:
- Participate in the fully digital program on your own time, with a personal Health Coach who is there to support you every step of the way.
- Watch weekly videos, set goals with your Health Coach and track your progress.
- Receive a fitness tracker* after 4 weeks of active participation.
- Structured, CDC-recognized curriculum to maintain progress and build lasting habits.
*Brook+ is available to eligible Independent Health members based on an eligibility survey. One fitness tracker voucher will be provided per eligible member after 4 weeks of program participation.
In addition to the Brook+ Diabetes Prevention Program offered by Independent Health, all eligible Medicare Advantage members also still qualify to participate in the Medicare Part B Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program. This is a traditional in-person, class-based program certified by the CDC. For more information regarding options for participation and what plan might be right for you, please contact an Independent Health RedShirt® by calling (716) 250-4401 or 1-800-665-1502 (TTY: 711); October 1 – March 31: Monday–Sunday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., April 1 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal.
Last Updated 10/01/2022