We understand that people living with diabetes have unique needs in the day-to-day management of their condition and their health. That’s why Independent Health continues to work hard to help our members with diabetes manage their special needs, live healthier and save money.
If you have a diagnosis of diabetes, you are eligible for the following enhanced benefits:
- $35 copay for insulin from the first day of coverage
- $0 copay for select continuous glucose monitors and their supplies
- $0 for select diabetic monitoring supplies, including glucose monitors, lancets and test strips
- $0 copay for diabetic labs (HbA1c, GFR)
- $0 copay for an endocrinologist office visit
- $0 copay for diabetic retinopathy screening*
- $0 copay for consultation with a nutritionist
All Independent Health Members have access to health coaching support from expert dietitians and diabetes educators through the Brook Personal Health Companion app at no cost.
It’s another way Independent Health does more to help our members, and one of the reasons why more people choose us than any other Medicare Advantage plan in WNY.**
Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefit and/or copayments may change on January 1 of each year. Benefits vary by plan.
*Diabetic retinopathy screening covers both the screening and the ophthalmologist copay. Coverage does not apply to every eye injury or disease of the eye.
**Per CMS WNY enrollment data 7/23.
To find out which insulins are on our formulary, review the most recent Drug List at independenthealth.com/formulary. If you have questions about the Drug List, you can also call Member Services. Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Independent Health members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
Last Updated 10/1/2023