February 1, 2023
Health and wellness activities and classes are back at Independent Health’s Medicare Health Hub
The Health Hub is located inside our Medicare Information Center at 620 Dick Road in Depew
BUFFALO, N.Y. (February 1, 2024) – Independent Health is always looking for more ways to help our Medicare Advantage plan members get and stay healthy. That’s why we’re excited to be back at our Medicare Health Hub, which is located inside our Medicare Information Center at 620 Dick Road in Depew.
Through our Health Hub, we offer a variety of health and wellness activities so that our Medicare members have the tools, resources and information they need to achieve better health. There’s something for everyone – from fun, in-person programs to virtual, educational classes that can be accessed at www.independenthealth.com/healthhub.
Here are some of the in-person and virtual activities and classes that the Health Hub will host in February and March:
- Understanding Your Benefits: Get the most out of your wellness benefits, including vision, dental, SilverSneakers® fitness, over-the-counter allowance, RedShirt RewardsSM and more!
- How Aging Affects the Body: Join us as we learn how our body adapts to aging during a discussion with faculty from the University at Buffalo Rehabilitation Science Department.
- How to Reduce Your Medications: Learn how to reduce your medications so you can save money and reduce your risk of potentially harmful side effects.
- Identity Theft Prevention: Learn important tips to protect yourself and your loved ones from identity theft.
- Improve Your Health Through Art: Calm the mind and relax the body with artistic activities designed to help you improve your mental and emotional health.
- Core Strength Workout: Increase your balance, decrease your risk of falls and relieve low back pain with this standing and seated core strength workout.
- intenSati Workout: intenSati (“intentional mindfulness”) is a mood-boosting, low-impact cardio workout that will leave you smiling.
Be entered into a prize drawing!
By participating in a live, in-person or virtual class at our Medicare Health Hub and watching a healthy video at our Health Hub website (anytime now through September 30, 2024), participants will automatically receive a free, Independent Health giveaway item as well as an entry into our Health Hub drawing for a $100 Tops Gift Card.*
We’re adding more programs all the time! Visit www.independenthealth.com/healthhub for the most up-to-date schedule. If you have questions about the Health Hub, please contact us via email at HealthHub@IndependentHealth.com.
*No obligation to enroll. Limit one entry per person. See official contest rules for more details at independenthealth.com/healthhub. Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal. SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc.©2023 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Back to the Archives
Look back on our past press releases and news stories.