MAY 1, 2023
Win a prize pack during National Bike Month
GObike Buffalo and Reddy Bikeshare to offer activities, too!
With May being National Bike Month, Independent Health is giving Western New Yorkers a chance to win a Bike Month Prize Pack.
If you love bicycling in Western New York, we want to hear about it. In 350 words or less, tell us why you love riding a bike – is it your main mode of transportation? Has it helped you in your health and wellness journey? Is it something you enjoy doing with your family?
Submit your story by May 24 and you could win the grand prize courtesy of Independent Health. The Bike Month Prize Pack includes:
- One (1) $200 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Two (2) complimentary SkyRide registrations with two (2) bike helmets
- Two (2) free annual memberships to Reddy Bikeshare (or two $40 riding credits for existing members)
- One (1) Independent Health prize pack
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of New York State. Essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges. To submit your story, visit independenthealth.com/bikemonth.
Community biking events planned for May
Independent Health is also excited to partner with GObike Buffalo and Reddy Bikeshare to help raise awareness on all the ways you can celebrate bicycling in Western New York:
- GObike Buffalo is the ultimate resource for all things bicycling in our region, connecting you to more than 30 different events across Buffalo and Niagara Falls during Bike Month. Independent Health will be at the following events with FREE giveaways, while supplies last:
- May 6 – Bike Month Blastoff at GObike’s Headquarters (313 Broadway) from 12 – 4 p.m.
- May 17 – Bike to Work Pit Stop Party (Delaware and Utica) from 8 – 10 a.m.
- Visit gobikebuffalo.org for the latest updates on Bike Month events and more.
- Reddy Bikeshare, presented by Independent Health, is an easy, affordable and fun way to get around. Now in its eighth season, there are more than 400 Reddy bikes at 110+ stations across Buffalo and Niagara Falls available for short-term rent, making it easy to commute to work, ride to school, visit your favorite park or take a leisurely roll.
Look for Reddy Bikeshare at various events this Bike Month and beyond with special discounts on memberships. Those who ride 100+ miles on a Reddy bike this summer may also be eligible to win prizes. To learn more about the 100-Mile Challenge, visit www.reddyblogshare.com.
“There are so many great reasons to ride a bicycle. Not only is it good for the environment and a fun way to see the sights, but it’s also an excellent and low-impact form of exercise for all ages,” said Michelle Carbery, Senior Corporate Wellness Specialist, Independent Health. “Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke, heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis. In fact, people who bike to work or school show fewer risk factors for heart disease and are more fit than other commuters.”
Independent Health, GObike Buffalo and Reddy Bikeshare encourage all Western New Yorkers to make May the month they change their habits and make bike riding part of their daily routine.
Back to the Archives
Look back on our past press releases and news stories.