Available on select Independent Health plans, the NY Standard Gym Benefit* offers eligible subscribers the opportunity to be reimbursed up to $400 for membership at a qualifying gym, and up to $200 for their covered spouse each year.
How do I know if I am eligible?
- Verify your plan includes this benefit. If you need help verifying your eligibility, call Member Services at (716) 631-8701 or 1-800-501-3439.
- Check if your gym qualifies. To receive reimbursement, your gym must provide at least two pieces of equipment or activities that promote cardiovascular wellness from the following list:
- Elliptical Cross-Trainer
- Rowing Machine
- Step Machine
- Stationary Bicycle
- Group Exercise
- Squash/Tennis/Racquetball Court
- Walking/Running Group
How Reimbursement Works
- You must pre-pay your membership at a gym that promotes cardiovascular wellness, AND complete 50 visits in each six month period.
- The first reimbursement period begins on the start of your insurance plan year.
- For each six-month period, submit a completed reimbursement form along with documentation of your 50 visits, your gym bill and proof of payment
Please note: Memberships in tennis clubs, country clubs, weight loss clinics, spas or any other similar facilities will not be reimbursed.
*Available on select Independent Health plans. Excludes Medicare Advantage plans. Benefits vary by plan.