Free in-home delivered meals following a post-acute hospital discharge is available as a benefit for members of the following Medicare Advantage plans:
- Assure Advantage
- Encompass 65 Basic
- Encompass 65® HMO (no prescription)
Details of the free Home Meal Delivery Benefit:
- There is no cost to the member
- Member is eligible for this benefit after a covered overnight stay in a hospital or facility, including a post-acute care admission, post-emergency department observation stay or post-skilled nursing facility admission.
- In-person meal delivery is preferred and is up to 28 meals for 14 days ( two meals per day) upon discharge from a hospital or skilled nursing facility as defined above. Mail-delivered meals is also an alternative if in-person meal delivery is not available or preferred.
- In-home delivered meals must start within 30 day of the facility discharge date
- Meals must be delivered within the 8 counties of Western New York
For these members to receive this benefit, discharge planners must complete an In-Home Meal Delivery Intake Form in full and submit it by secure fax to the WNY Integrated Care Collaborative, which coordinates the service with home delivery meal providers.
Here is the In-Home Meal Delivery Intake/Referral form to begin the process.