Free in-home delivered meals following a post-acute hospital discharge is available as a new benefit for some Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage Plan members beginning in 2020.
For these members to receive this benefit, discharge planners must complete an In-Home Meal Delivery Intake Form in full and submit it by secure fax to the WNY Integrated Care Collaborative, which facilitates this benefit for Independent Health members by coordinating with home delivery meal providers.
The In-Home Meal Delivery Intake/Referral form for Independent Health Plan Members is available online.
Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage Plans eligible for this benefit:
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65 Basic (HMO)
- Independent Health’s Assure Advantage (HMO-SNP)
Free Home Meal Delivery Benefit:
- Free of charge for the member
- Member is eligible for this benefit after a covered overnight stay in a hospital or facility, including 1) a post-acute care admission, 2) post emergency department observation stay or 3) post skilled nursing facility admission.
- In-person meal delivery is preferred and is up to 14 meals for 7 days upon discharge from a hospital or skilled nursing facility as defined above. Alternative postal delivered meals is also an alternative if in-person meal delivery is not available or preferred.
- In-home delivered meals must start within 30 day of facility discharge date
- Meals must be delivered within the 8 counties of Western New York
More information about Independent Health Medicare Advantage Plans
If you have questions, contact our Provider Relations Department by phone at (716) 631-3282 or 1-800-736-5771, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.