Independent Health and the YMCA are celebrating 10 years of Fitness in the Parks!
Join us all summer long at parks across Western New York for FREE outdoor and online fitness classes, led by YMCA certified instructors. All ages and skill levels are encouraged to safely join us in person or at home to get fit, have fun and enjoy the warmer weather. Check the schedule page for more information!
This community-based program was designed to encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyles by offering free fitness classes in unique spaces – providing easy access and opportunities for people to start or continue their health and wellness journey. Originally in six parks with only 10 classes, Fitness in the Parks can now be found in 18 different locations with more than 500 classes offered throughout the summer! Since the start, we’ve helped WNY burn 8.2 million calories (and counting…).
Here’s what to expect for 2021:
- 30 outdoor classes offered each week to safely participate in.
- 4 online classes to join from home each week.
- 18 park locations, including longtime favorites like Wilkeson Pointe at Outer Harbor Buffalo and Chestnut Ridge Park!
- 15 different class types, featuring yoga, Pilates, Zumba®, kickboxing and more.
- No registration required; just show up at the outdoor class or join online.