GET FIT IN A PARK NEAR YOU!
Independent Health and YMCA Buffalo Niagara have teamed up for the seventh year to offer Fitness in the Parks – a series of FREE outdoor fitness classes designed to encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyles. Now, you never have to trade good weather for a workout again!
Even though Fitness in the Parks has ended, here’s a few highlights from our 2018 season:
- Classes held from May 31 – August 25, one week earlier than previous years!
- 8,245 total participants from Buffalo-Niagara and Jamestown.
- FREE 60-minute classes led by YMCA certified instructors.
- 23 parks across WNY, including five new locations!
- Nearly 500 classes offered – including PiYo, HIIT and Zumba® Kids.
- FREE parking at all locations.
- No registration required; just show up!
- Overall satisfaction remains high*, with 98% of survey respondents who would attend a future class and 99% of respondents who would recommend the program to a friend.
Check back in the spring for more details on Fitness in the Parks 2019!
*2018 Fitness in the Parks Survey Results