If you’re concerned about the health and productivity of your employees, you’re not alone. Employers from across the nation have identified stress (75%) and poor nutrition (50%) as top health risks for their workforce. That’s where we can help.
Here are some of the unique benefits we offer to keep your workforce healthy:
Through proper nutrition, your employees can achieve a healthier lifestyle while reducing their chance of obesity and other health risks. Our nutrition benefit – available on a majority of our plans for small groups and as a rider for large groups – is offered exclusively through Independent Health and gives your employees the opportunity to get money-back rewards on fresh fruits and vegetables.
How It Works
The nutrition benefit is easy to use and requires no work on your part to implement:
- To begin receiving a $1 credit back for every $2 they spend on fresh fruits and vegetables at TOPS Friendly Markets, your employees must log in to independenthealth.com and enter their TOPS BonusPlus® when prompted.
- Individuals can earn up to $500, or $1,000 as a family each plan year.
- Employees will be reimbursed quarterly with a rewards card from Independent Health to use on future in-store grocery purchases at TOPS (excluding tobacco products).
**Your reward benefit level depends on the type of health plan you signed up for. An individual plan member can earn up to $500 annually. An Individual and Child(ren) plan, Individual and Spouse plan, and Family plan can earn up to $1,000 annually. $2 in fresh produce must be purchased in a single transaction. $2 in fresh produce spending is calculated after all store discounts have been subtracted for your order. Canned or frozen fruits and vegetables are excluded. Money back is in the form of store credit for future purchases. Rewards cards will expire 1 year after date of issuance. You can obtain reward card balance information by following the instructions on the back of the card.
Your employees have different needs, and sometimes the health of their families is just as important as their own health. Our Health Extras benefit provides them with a $250 prepaid MasterCard® to use toward a variety of health and wellness activities and services for themselves or their families.
- Employees will receive a total of $250, whether they are enrolled in a single plan or family plan with a spouse and/or dependents. The card typically arrives within 10 business days following their completion of the card request form.
- We currently partner with nearly 800 participating vendors, giving your employees a variety of options for ways to get and stay healthy – from fitness club memberships and massage therapy, to children’s activities like basketball camp or gymnastics.
- Encourage your employees to get a massage, take a fitness class or stock up on vitamins – they have until the end of the plan year to use their $250, as unused funds do NOT roll over.
When your employees can’t reach their primary care physician, our telemedicine benefit puts them in touch with a U.S. doctor anytime, anywhere – even at the office – for a low copay. It’s an easier way for your employees to feel better, faster, and that could mean using fewer “sick days” at work.
How It Works
The telemedicine benefit is easy to use and requires no work on your part to implement:
- Your employees will be required to create an account at Teladoc.com/IH by entering some basic personal information and brief medical history.
- Then, they’ll have the opportunity to request a consult with a board-certified doctor via phone or online video for non-emergency conditions like a cold or the flu, allergies or sinus infections.
- The doctor will make contact within minutes and can write a prescription if medically necessary. Employees pay only a low copay each time they use this service.
*** Teladoc does not replace the primary care physician. Teladoc does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Teladoc operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states. Teladoc does not prescribe DEA controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. Teladoc phone consultations are available 24 hours, 7 days a week while video consultations are available during the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week. Benefits vary by plan. Excludes Medicare Advantage plans. Check your benefit plan documents for your applicable member cost share and other information associated with the telemedicine benefit. © 2014 Teladoc, Inc. All rights reserved. Teladoc and the Teladoc logo are registered trademarks of Teladoc, Inc. and may not be used without written permission.
Through unique benefits like these, we can help make a positive difference in the health of your employees – as well as your bottom line.
*Benefits vary by plan. Excludes Medicare Advantage plans.