Independent Health’s 2022 individual product portfolio includes:
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Element HMO Plan: $0 monthly premium
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65® HMO (no prescription coverage): $0 monthly premium
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Core HMO: $65 monthly premium
- Independent Health’s Medicare Passport® Advantage PPO: $99 monthly premium
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Basic HMO: $125 monthly premium
- Independent Health’s Medicare Passport® Prime PPO: $225 monthly premium
New Plan for 2022:
- Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Edge HMO Plan: $0 monthly premium
Independent Health will also have two Special Needs plans:
- Independent Health’s Family Choice HMO I-SNP, Special Needs Plan $42.40 (An institutional special needs plan (I-SNP) for those who require an institutional level of care for at least 90 days.
- Independent Health’s Assure Advantage HMO C-SNP (a Chronic Care Special Needs Plan for Erie County residents who have diabetes and chronic heart failure). $60 monthly premium
Medicare Advantage Plans Formularies Pharmacies
Prescription drug coverage for your patients with an Independent Health Medicare Advantage plan is available on the Formularies and Pharmacies page.
Innovative and enhanced benefits
Independent Health is introducing several new benefits, including:
- An over-the-counter (OTC) benefit through NationsOTC®: a $100 to $400 allowance per year for certain brand-name and generic over-the-counter items like vitamins, pain relievers and dental supplies.
- A Medicare Rewards Program that enables members to earn reward dollars for completing preventive health services, such as an Annual Wellness Visit, flu shot and other routine check-ups and tests. These reward dollars can be used toward the purchase of a variety of OTC or grocery items, Apple® products and more.
- The addition of several lifestyle medications and vitamins to our formulary, including erectile dysfunction medications, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and folic acid.
- In-home meal delivery is available to Members for up to 28 meals for 14 days upon discharge from the hospital (14 additional anytime days for members in Independent Health’s Assure Advantage). Independent Health Members may elect this benefit within 30 calendar days of discharge date. Referrals can be made by providers (e.g. facility discharge planners) or the member can contact Independent Health directly. In-home meal delivery is offered to those members enrolled in our Independent Health’s Encompass 65® HMO (no prescription coverage), Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Basic HMO, Independent Health’s Assure Advantage HMO C-SNP.
Please use this 2022 In Home Meal Delivery In Take/Referral for Independent Health Plan Members form.
Independent Health’s 2022 Medicare Advantage product portfolio includes:
Premier Wellness Package
This package comprises a variety of benefits:
- Vision through EyeMed: coverage for routine eye exams; eyewear allowance; digital retinal imaging; post-cataract routine eye exam and eyewear.
- Preventive dental benefits through HealthPlex.
- SilverSneakers® Fitness Program
- Hearing aid benefits through Start Hearing
- Enhanced Annual Visit
- Brook Personal Health Companion