A Health and Recovery Plan offered by Independent Health to residents of Erie County
MediSource Connect is a New York State approved Health and Recovery Plan, other-wise known as a HARP. A HARP is a special needs Plan for Medicaid eligible adults (21+) that meet certain serious mental health and substance use disorder criteria. Individuals who are enrolled in a HARP will receive all Medicaid Managed Care benefits (both medical and behavioral Health benefits) and may also receive additional services (for HARP members only) called Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services (BHHCBS).
You are eligible for MediSource Connect:
- If you meet certain income, resource or behavioral health requirements to be eligible for Medicaid, and
- If you are a New York State resident and a U.S. citizen or fall within one of the many immigration statuses and live in Erie County.
Independent Health works with Beacon Health Options to provide Mental Health and Substance Use services that include Alcohol and/or Substance Abuse services. Beacon Health Options will work with Independent Health to make sure you get the services you need. You or your provider can call Beacon Health Options anytime for help at 1-855-481-7038 or visit their website.
Applicable for certain prescription services.
Your MediSource Connect benefits include:
- Doctor visits – well or sick
- Hospital stays
- Maternity care
- Laboratory tests and X-rays
- Emergency room services
- Family planning and reproductive services, including HIV testing
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy (some limits apply)
- Vision care
- Prescriptions (copayments may apply)
- Dental care – routine and emergency
- Behavioral health services managed by Beacon Health Options
- Drug, alcohol and chemical dependence outpatient services
Emergency and non-emergency transportation are covered by regular Medicaid.
To get non-emergency transportation, you or your provider must call Medical Answering Services at 1-800-651-7040. If possible, you or your provider should call Medical Answering Services at least 3 days before your medical appointment and provide your Medicaid identification number (ex. AB12345C), appointment date and time, address where you are going, and doctor you are seeing. Non-emergency medical transportation includes personal vehicle, bus, taxi, ambulette and public transportation.
If you have an emergency and need an ambulance, you must call 911.
If you are in Crisis, 24 hour Clinical Access is available to you. Please contact Beacon/Independent Health at
Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services
Beginning October 1, 2016 MediSource Connect members will have access to the following Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services in addition to their general Medicaid Managed Care benefit package:
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
- Community Psychiatric Support and Treatment (CPST)
- Habilitation/Residential Support Services
- Family Support and Training
- Short-term Crisis Respite
- Intensive Crisis Respite
- Education Support Services
- Pre-Vocational Services
- Transitional Employment Services
- Intensive Supported Employment Services
- Ongoing Supported Employment Services
- Empowerment Services (Peer Supports)
For more information about Medicaid Managed Care, call New York Medicaid Choice at 1-800-505-5678. For more information about Medicaid, call New York Health Options at 1-800-541-2831. To learn more about applying for health insurance through NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace, visit www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777.
Schedule a RedShirt Meeting
Select a convenient appointment time to talk to a RedShirt about which plan option is right for you.
Do You Qualify?
- Drugs Covered
- Find a Doctor
- Dental Providers
- MediSource Member Handbook
- Specialty Care - PT, OT, ST - Handbook Insert
- Residential Crisis Services Handbook Insert
- New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Final Foster Care Member handbook insert
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Services Handbook Insert
- Language assistance and Non-Discrimination Statement
If you are in Crisis, 24 hour Clinical Access is available to you. Please contact Beacon/Independent Health at 1-855-481-7038.