Child Health Plus
Offered by Independent Health to Residents of Erie & Niagara Counties
What You Need to Know About Child Health Plus
- Child Health Plus offers a range of coverage options, from free coverage or a small monthly amount ($15-$60 per child/teen), to a very affordable full premium cost.
- Your income and the size of your family determine your monthly premium.
- You can enroll your child(ren) in Child Health Plus at any time during the year.
Who may qualify?
Your child/teen may be eligible for Child Health Plus if they:
- Are under the age of 19, and
- Have limited or no health insurance, and
- Are not eligible for Medicaid, and
- Are a New York state resident and live in Erie or Niagara County.
$0–$60 per month or full premium based on household income and family size
Your Child Health Plus benefits include:
- Doctor visits – well or sick
- Hospital stays
- Laboratory tests and X-rays
- Emergency/urgent services
- Family planning and reproductive services, including HIV testing
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy
- Vision care
- Drug, alcohol and mental health treatment
- Dental care — routine and emergency
- Behavioral health services managed by Beacon Health Options
To learn more about applying for health insurance including Child Health Plus and Medicaid through NY State of Health, the Official Health Plan Marketplace, visit www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777.
Schedule a RedShirt Meeting
Select a convenient appointment time to talk to a RedShirt about which plan option is right for you.
To Find Out If You Are Eligible and To Apply
You should apply for health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace at www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777. (TTY: 1-800-662-1220) Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.