Independent Health and the YMCA are taking several safety precautions to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all. The following protocols will be in place at all outdoor locations:
- Face masks or coverings MUST be worn to/from the class by all participants and YMCA instructors. Wearing a mask during the class is optional.
- A minimum distance of 6 feet must be maintained by all participants and YMCA instructors. No hands-on adjustments or physical contact will be implemented.
- If you feel unwell, stay home and follow the advice of your healthcare provider.
- Bring your own equipment. Mats, water bottles, etc. will not be provided and should not be shared amongst participants.
- Sign-in will be required at each outdoor location for contact-tracing purposes.
- Class sizes will be capped at 100 participants.
These protocols follow the New York State guidelines. Signage reiterating these protocols will be displayed at all outdoor locations.
Anyone can participate in the outdoor or virtual Fitness in the Parks class offerings! It is recommended that you check with your physician before embarking on any type of fitness program. Also, some classes are more age-appropriate than others. Please view the class descriptions for any age restrictions.
Classes will be canceled in the event of inclement weather. Day-of cancellations will be listed on at least one (if not all) of the following places:
YMCA Buffalo Niagara’s Facebook page
Online classes will be streamed live from either the YMCA Buffalo Niagara Facebook page. Please view the schedule page to “connect live” to each class at the scheduled time. All classes will remain on the YMCA’s Facebook pages in case you miss a class or want to view a class again for a bonus workout.
No sign-up or registration is required! Just show up at the outdoor locations or “connect live” for the online classes at the scheduled times.
All classes are taught by certified YMCA instructors.
At Independent Health, we believe a healthy community is something that everyone can benefit from. That’s why all Fitness in the Parks classes, both outdoor and online, are FREE.