Wellness All-Star Scholarship!
Presented by Independent Health
Independent Health is looking to recognize two high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership by encouraging healthier living within our community. This year we’ve added a new category, honoring one student as a Wellness All-Star, and one student as a COVID-19 Wellness All-Star.
A student who goes above and beyond to demonstrate active leadership in engaging and encouraging health, wellness and healthier living throughout their school or community.
Efforts from previous Wellness All-Star recipients include:
- Establishing a community garden to produce food for local pantries.
- Organizing healthy living community workshops focused on fitness and nutrition.
- Creating a public education campaign about the importance of eating healthy.
Congratulations Faith Lunn from Lockport New York for being selected as the 2021 Wellness All-Star. Faith is a graduate of Starpoint High School and was selected based upon the ways she’s led a healthy lifestyle and has inspired others to do the same. Learn more
Check back in February for our 2022 Wellness All-Stars Scholarship Opportunity.
**NEW** COVID-19 Wellness All-Star
A student who has been instrumental in helping their peers manage and thrive during the pandemic by supporting their emotional, physical, spiritual or mental health.
Examples of what a COVID-19 Wellness All-Star might accomplish could include:
- Creating a virtual “COVID-19” support group (buddy system) amongst their peers.
- Organizing students to be ongoing participants in a pen-pal program with older adults living in local nursing facilities.
- Developing a “self-care” program which provides tips to help others get through the emotional stresses brought on by the pandemic.
Congratulations Caramia Michno from Tonawanda New York for being selected as the 2021 Covid-19 Wellness All-Star. Caramia is a graduate of Mount Saint Mary Academy and was selected based upon the ways she helped her others manage and thrive during the pandemic by providing emotional, physical and/or spiritual support. Learn more
Wellness All-Star Selection
Each Wellness All-Star was selected by Independent Health’s Health and Wellness panel and awarded a $1,000 scholarship, a plaque recognizing their achievements and a feature in a special edition of Business First on June 18, 2021. All-Stars will also be featured in an easy-to-share interactive section on the Business First’s website.