Did you know that you could have your prescriptions mailed to your home? With Independent Health’s mail order program
*, you can skip the wait at your local pharmacy and have your medications delivered directly to your front door at no additional cost, which could save you both time and money.
If you are a Medicare Advantage plan member, click here to learn more about this convenient option.
What You Get
- Convenient deliveries – directly to your home for FREE (express shipping is available for an additional charge).
- Cost savings – you may receive a 90-day supply of maintenance medications at a reduced copayment (depending on your plan).
How it Works
- Get a new prescription from your doctor. Be sure to ask your doctor to write it for a 90-day supply for mail order, plus refills for up to one year, or as appropriate.
- Register with a mail order pharmacy. Independent Health currently has partnered with two vendors, offering a choice to our members. You will need your ID card to register, which you can do online, by phone, or through the mail by completing your preferred pharmacy’s form:
Wegmans Mail Order Pharmacy Services
Phone: 1-888-205-8573 (TTY/TDD: 1-877-409-8711)
Mail: Wegmans Mail Order Form
ProAct Pharmacy Services
Mail: ProAct Mail Order Form
- Pay your copayment. You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, or you may elect to pay by check or money order.
- Receive your medications within two weeks. Make sure you have at least a 14-day supply before ordering, or ask your provider for a 30-day supply to fill at your local pharmacy. If you have questions about the status of your mail order prescription, please contact the mail order pharmacy directly.
- Refill your prescriptions online, by phone or through the mail. Have your member ID card and prescription numbers readily available. If you choose to pay by credit card, have that available as well.
If you have questions about your coverage and benefits, please call Independent Health’s Member Services at (716) 631-8701 or 1-800-501-3439, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. TTY users can call 711.
*Medications available through mail order pharmacies depend on the plan you have through your employer. Please check your summary plan description for the types of medications you may obtain through mail order.