Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage Hearing Aid Coverage
All of our plans cover up to two hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing. View the copayments and fees for the hearing aid evaluation exam and hearing aids in the chart below.
To take advantage of this benefit, call TruHearing to schedule a hearing exam.
- 2 hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing
- 3 follow-up visits with an in-network provider for fitting and adjustment of hearing aids
- 45-day trial
- 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement
- 48 batteries per aid
Hearing Aid Selection
TruHearing Flyte hearing aids come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles to fit your needs. There are two technology levels to choose from, Flyte 700 and Flyte 900. Other important features include:
- Wireless connectivity to iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® Touch
- Advanced feedback suppression
- Speech enhancement
- HD sound quality
How to Get Hearing Aids
- You must use a TruHearing provider. Call TruHearing at 1-844-211-1723.
- A TruHearing hearing consultant will verify your coverage and help you set up a hearing exam with an audiologist or hearing instrument specialist in your area.
- If hearing loss is discovered, your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist will help you choose the right hearing aids and order them through TruHearing.
- When the hearing aids arrive, you’ll return to have them fitted and programmed by your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist.
Call TruHearing to verify your benefit and schedule a hearing aid evaluation
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO,
HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal.
Must see a TruHearing provider to use this benefit. This information is not a complete description of
benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Benefits, premiums and/or copayments, and
restrictions may apply. Benefits, co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year.
Excludes Independent Health’s Medicare Family Choice HMO- SNP. To find out more, call (716) 635-
4900 or 1-800-958-4405 (TTY users call 1-888-357-9167), February 15 – September 30: Monday –
Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. October 1 – February 14: Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
This is for general reference and is not a contract. This information is not a complete benefit
description. Contact plan for more information. See Evidence of Coverage for complete details.
All content ©2016 TruHearing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TruHearing® is a registered trademark of TruHearing,
Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names are the property of their respective owners.
Y0042_C5631 Approved 09022016