At Independent Health, we’re always looking for new ways to offer more value with every plan. We know that helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle includes ways that go above and beyond Medicare coverage. That’s why we developed this package of benefits and services that’s now included with every individual Medicare Advantage plan we offer.** Introducing our Premier Wellness Package: A group of additional health and wellness benefits with a maximum value of $4,797* to help you maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Fitness, Dental, Vision, Hearing & Enhanced Annual Wellness Visit
Healthy Benefits Fitness Program
As an Independent Health Medicare Advantage Plan member, you can take advantage of the Healthy Benefits Fitness Program.
Find Out More »
What You Get:
- A fitness membership at any of the participating facilities located throughout Western New York.
- Access to the various amenities at the fitness facility you join as part of your membership, such as treadmills, free weights and fitness classes! You will be required to pay an activation fee to the fitness facility. Your benefit is active for a calendar year.
If you have questions about Healthy Benefits please call Member Services:
- To begin using this benefit, you simply present your Member ID card at the participating facility of your choice and activate your membership! Present your Independent Health ID card to begin your membership. When presenting your ID card to begin your membership, you will be required to pay an activation fee in 2017 to the fitness facility.
- Find the participating locations near you
(716) 250-4401 or 1-800-665-1502
(TTY users call 1-800-432-1110),
October 1 – February 14: Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.;
February 15 – September 30: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Independent Health’s preventive dental coverage is provided through some of our Medicare Advantage plans.
Find Out More »
This dental benefit does not apply to Independent Health’s Family Choice HMO-SNP plan and most group plans.
In 2017, the dental benefit will have a $20 copay per routine dental exam.
Your Preventive Dental Benefits include*:
How Your Dental Plan Works:
- Oral Examinations – Two times per calendar year
- Routine Cleanings – Two times per calendar year
- Bitewing X-rays – Two times per calendar year
- Full Mouth X-rays – Once in a 36-month period
- Your oral exams, routine cleanings, bitewing and full-mouth X-rays are covered when you visit an in-network dentist for Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage plans.
- When you visit a network dentist for covered services, the dentist will bill our Dental provider directly, making it easier and more convenient for you.
- PPO plan: If you visit a dentist that is not in-network for Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage plans, our dental provider will pay you 50% of the amount allowed for the treatment by that dentist and you will be responsible for the other 50% plus additional permitted charges.
For more information please contact Member Services at
1-800-665-1502 (TTY users call 1-800-432-1110):
October 1 – February 14, Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
February 15 – September 30, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
View the list of participating dentists
Independent Health’s routine vision coverage will be provided through EyeMed on our Medicare Advantage plans.
Find Out More »
In 2017, the vision benefit will have a $20 copay per routine vision exam.
You receive the following vision coverage through EyeMed*:
- Routine Eye Exam
- Routine Eyewear
- Post-Cataract Eyewear
- Post-Cataract routine Eye Exam
For a complete list of providers near you, use the Provider Locator (select “Insight” as your network)
or call 1-877-842-3348 (TTY users call: 1-866-308-5375), Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.
New for 2017! Hearing Aid Benefit
Most of our plans cover one hearing aid per ear, per year when purchased through TruHearing. TruHearing Flyte hearing aids come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles to fit your needs.
Find Out More »
Coverage Includes: 1 hearing aid per ear, per year when purchased through TruHearing; 3 follow-up visits with an in-network provider for fitting and adjustment of hearing aids; 45-day trial; 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement; 48 batteries per aid.
To take advantage of this benefit, call TruHearing to schedule a hearing exam. 1-844-211-1723 (toll-free) TTY users call:
Enhanced Annual Wellness Visit
This comprehensive annual well visit with your doctor includes a detailed exam and conversation about your health to create a personalized care plan.
View the list of participating providers.
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal. *Applicable copays may apply for these benefits. This is the maximum benefit value that a member could receive if they used all of these benefits. Maximum benefit value will vary by plan and depends on which services the member uses. Member must use EyeMed, HealthPlex or TruHearing providers in order to take advantage of these benefits. Refer to the Evidence of Coverage for complete details. **Excludes Independent Health’s Medicare Family Choice HMO- SNP. Benefits vary by plan. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or copayments may change on January 1 of each year. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.