A New York State Sponsored Program Offered by Independent Health
MediSource is a program for uninsured children and adults who qualify for Medicaid and who are not eligible for Medicare.
You are eligible for MediSource:
- If you meet certain income requirements to be eligible for Medicaid, and
- If you are a New York State resident and a U.S. citizen or fall within one of the many immigration statuses and live in Erie or Niagara County.
Your premium cost: $0
Copayments: Applicable for certain prescription services. Note: Copayments do not apply for pregnant women or those under age 21.
Here’s what you get:
- Doctor visits – well and/or sick
- Hospital stays
- Maternity care
- Laboratory tests and X-rays
- Emergency room services
- Family planning and reproductive services, including HIV testing
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy (some limits may apply)
- Vision care
- Mental health services
- If you live in Niagara County, emergency and doctor appointment transportation is covered if needed
- If you live in Erie County, Medicaid covers medical transportation if necessary. Please contact us for more information regarding your transportation benefit.
- Prescriptions (copayments may apply)
- Dental care – routine and emergency; orthodontia (medically necessary only)
2013 Plan Updates:
Beginning August 1, 2013 Independent Health will be providing the Directly Observed Therapy for Tuberculosis Disease, Adult Day Health Care, and AIDS Adult Day Health Care benefits. Learn More
Beginning October 1, 2013 Independent Health will be providing the hospice benefit. This service will be included in your benefit package. This service must be medically needed and arranged by Independent Health. Learn More
2014 Plan Updates:
Effective March 1, 2014, members are eligible for 8 smoking cessation counseling sessions in a calendar year - Learn More
You would also receive services covered by Medicaid:
- Alcohol and chemical dependence outpatient services
If You Need Help
Our Facilitated Enrollers are here for you. If you need help understanding your eligibility for this plan, need assistance filling out your application, or just have questions, please call us at (716) 631-5392 or 1-800-453-1910