MediSource is a New York State sponsored Medicaid Managed Care program for individuals with little or no health insurance who qualify for Medicaid. Independent Health’s MediSource plan allows you to choose your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and women can also choose an OB/GYN. Your PCP will provide your health care and refer you to other doctors if you need them. This PCP will provide most of the medical services you need, including checkups, shots, and treatments for illness.
You are eligible for MediSource:
- If you meet certain income, resource or disability requirements to be eligible for Medicaid, and
- If you are a New York State resident and a U.S. citizen or fall within one of the many immigration statuses and live in Erie or Niagara County.
Applicable for certain prescription services.
Your MediSource benefits include:
- Doctor visits – well or sick
- Hospital stays
- Maternity care
- Laboratory tests and X-rays
- Emergency room services
- Family planning and reproductive services, including HIV testing
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy (some limits apply)
- Vision care
- Mental health services
- If you live in Niagara County, emergency and doctor appointment transportation is covered if needed
- Prescriptions (copayments may apply)
- Dental care – routine and emergency
You would also receive services covered by Medicaid
- Drug, alcohol and chemical dependence outpatient services
- If you live in Erie County, Medicaid covers medical transportation if needed
2014 Plan Updates:
Effective March 1, 2014, members are eligible for 8 smoking cessation counseling sessions in a calendar year - Learn More.