Here's what you get:
- One plan, two levels: Enhanced (lower out-of-pocket costs) and Standard (higher out-of-pocket costs)
- Easy copays or coinsurance, after deductible (varies by plan)
- High-deductible health plan that may be paired with reimbursement accounts for tax savings opportunities (FSA, HRA or HSA)
- Built-in vision discounts
- Optional in-network referrals for additional savings
- New! FitWorks Online Wellness Program
- $0 preventive care services
- Out-of-network coverage
- Worldwide emergency care
- Urgent care
How it works
With Prime Access, you benefit from a tailored network of primary care physicians (PCP) − including physicians associated with The Primary Connection, who connect and communicate with each other to provide a shared focus on addressing your personal health care needs.
Independent Health’s Prime Access is one plan with two levels:
Enhanced - Lower out-of-pocket costs
Standard - Higher out-of-pocket costs
You (and your covered spouse) are automatically enrolled in the Enhanced option. To stay enrolled in this option, you (and your covered spouse) will need to:
Meet with your Prime Access PCP to discuss your health:
- If you are in a healthy range for your cholesterol, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI) and you are a non-tobacco user, a Patient Engagement Form must be completed and returned to Independent Health.
- If you are not in a healthy range, the Patient Engagement Form must be returned to Independent Health within the first three months of enrollment indicating that a treatment plan has been developed by you and your physician.
- If you (and your covered spouse) choose not to discuss a treatment plan with your doctor and/or do not return the completed Patient Engagement Form, the entire family will be moved into the Standard level for the remainder of the benefit year.
Lower Your Costs With an Optional Referral
Obtain a referral for specialist services from your Prime Access primary care doctor and pay lower out-of-pocket costs (once you’ve met your plan deductible).
Note: You can always seek services from any participating specialist; however, there will be higher out-of-pocket costs.
Benefits vary by plan. Verbal translation, alternate formats of written materials, and/or assistance for those with special needs, may be available upon request. Traducción verbal, formatos alternativos de materiales escritos y/o asistencia para quienes tienen necesidades especiales, disponibles a solicitud. Independent Health’s Choice Plus is a registered service mark of Independent Health Benefits Corporation.